Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce was created to connect temporary talent to all areas of VUMC. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center.
VUMC TempForce has opportunities for Executive Administrative Assistants. In this role you will be responsible for scheduling, travel and preparation of briefing materials along with the daily office operations. Work ranges from standardized office support assignments to performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and judgment. Public contact is a major component of the position, both internal and external to the organization. Work requires contact with faculty, senior management, staff, managers of other units within the organization, representatives of other state agencies/universities, banks/ratings agencies, board members, service recipients, elected/appointed representatives, and the public.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Professional attitude and considerable tact, persuasion and judgment in interactions with internal and external constituents
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
· Willingness to rapidly learn new skills when the situation demands it
· Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
· Resourceful and resilient. Comfortable operating in a challenging business environment
· Honest, with the highest personal and professional integrity
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Acts as a personal assistant to the Executive
· Provides advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook support; creating or manipulation of data to create and present a finished, professional product
· Prepare in advance materials for upcoming meetings
· Coordinates and prepares agendas for senior-level attended meetings and forums
· Records minutes
· Coordinates and schedules complex meetings that are attended by high-level leadership thus requiring good judgment in establishing schedule priorities and insuring accuracy of meeting details
· Arranges travel and accommodations and submits expense report in Concur and may coordinate arrangement and accommodations for out-of-town guests
· Types from draft or notes or independently composes correspondence for signature following and applying document standards to all correspondence and documents
Manage daily operation of department, division or other organizational unit
· Screens all calls taking accurate messages and communicating or routing needs of the caller in a timely manner
· Independently manages a filing system possibly involved in the design and implementation of automated systems.
· Maintaining current knowledge of technology
Ensure financial resources are utilized effectively
· Perform ad hoc reporting
· Prepares necessary documentation for check requests and non-capital expenditures
· Authorizes payroll changes, purchase order, and requisition for supplies, printing, and equipment
· May monitor and verify other university budget figures
Manage the administrative and business details of the office
· Monitors a large volume of documents, forms and requests for review and signature some of which may be confidential and sensitive.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.