This is a full-time/non-exempt term position lasting six months to one year.
Research Analyst I
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
About the Department: Welcome to Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine .
The Division is directed by Dr. Timothy Blackwell, Ralph and Lulu Owen Chair in Medicine. The Division is composed of over 80 faculty and over 130 staff members, serving a wide range of clinical programs, clinical and basic science research, and a strong Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program. The Division has over 75 current funded research grants including large multidisciplinary grants and two training grants for interested fellows. The Division has activities in two hospitals, Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Nashville Veterans Administration Hospital. Specialized clinical programs include a Cystic Fibrosis Center, Lung Transplantation, Pulmonary Fibrosis Center, and a Pulmonary Hypertension Center. Each clinical center is nationally recognized for excellence, and each center is linked to active research, both basic and translational. The Vanderbilt Pulmonary Division has a longstanding interest and scientific leadership in ARDS, sepsis, and Intensive Care Medicine, and has spearheaded many major clinical trials in ICU management. Active research programs in this area include cognitive outcomes in critical illness, ventilator management, biomarkers of lung injury, and nutrition in the ICU. Other major research programs include basic science and epidemiology of asthma, oxidant injury in the lungs, pleural diseases, pulmonary vascular diseases, lung injury and repair, pulmonary host defense, and a growing program in lung carcinogenesis and early lung cancer detection. We accept four fellows per year in the three-year Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program, and offer additional fellowship training as needed to develop investigative careers. We also accept three fellows per year in the two-year Allergy and Immunology Fellowship Program. We welcome you to browse the sections of this website to learn more about our Division and the opportunities we offer.
The duties related to this role will include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Determining eligibility of participants. · Recruitment and consenting for study in person, by phone, and email. · Management of assigned participant list including tracking of participants. · Conducting health surveys in person and by phone. · Coordinating study visits for participants. · Assisting with study visits. · Accurately maintain study information. · Work in RedCap database to ensure proper documentation and data reporting. · With specific guidelines will assist in data cleaning. · Work with research team to coordinate and streamline processes. · Processing participant biospecimens · Databasing participant biospecimens · Creating processes for participant collection of biospecimens · Work closely with multidisciplinary team for project execution
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
· PTO · Health Plan · Parental Leave · Life Insurance · Retirement · Short-Term Disability · Long-term Disability · Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) · Dental Insurance · Group Discounts · Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) · Vision
*** Minimum Qualifications Required ***
Bachelors Diploma or Equivalent < 1 Year of experience
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
A term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.