Responsible for completion of day-to-day business office functions.
1. Maintains flow of patient check-in, verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database. Assures that paperwork in patient chart is accurate. 2. Assists with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
3. Responds to CBO requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
4. Schedules appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
5. Post charges, payments and adjustments into computer timely and accurately, displaying accuracy in coding.
6. Collects time of service payment amounts; collects prior balance amounts
7. Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
1-3 years medical office experience
ICD-9 and CPT coding (working knowledge)
Basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing)
Good communication skills (verbal/written) Multi task oriented. Working knowledge of anatomy and terminology. Knowledge of insurance plans and
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.