1. Actively moves around classroom to facilitate student's learning.
2. Communicates effectively with teacher.
3. Available to all students by physical proximity as well as by visual contact.
4. Encourages continued student engagement without disrupting classroom instructions
5. Encourages students to make choices appropriate to classroom and school environment.
6. Demonstrates ability to manage student behavior during instructional interaction.
7. Develops awareness of each student's special needs.
8. Demonstrates consistent awareness for each student's safety and whereabouts.
9. Assists in maintaining required behavior management plans.
10. Works in collaboration with teacher and principal regarding school projects and students needs.
11. Prepare and maintain each student's Behavior Charts on a daily and quarterly basis in collaboration with the teacher.
12. Assist in the grading of objective homework assignments as directed by the teacher.
13. Assist in the instructional process as directed by the teacher.
14. Assist in the duplication of instructional material as directed by the classroom teacher.
15. Utilizes knowledge and skills related to crisis intervention and verbal de-escalation in order to provide a safe environment for students, visitors and staff.
16. Will work on residential and/or inpatient units when school is not in session (i.e., holidays, breaks, summer, etc.). This may include working a shift other than a day shift as well as working weekend shifts.