Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance develops and supports collaborative initiatives and programs in biomedical research and clinical science training. It has assisted in establishing joint and shared residencies in surgery, pediatrics, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, cardiology and other medical specialties. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/meha
In this pivotal rewarding role, you will provide support, training, and capacity building to participant representatives service in stakeholder roles; i.e., pre-review of meeting materials, agenda items, content on slide sets, and post-meeting debrief to capture additional input and answer questions. Other duties will include:
Facilitating input from participant partners nationwide for ongoing evaluation of program materials.
Group meeting coordination, recruiting, scheduling, developing and setting agendas, conducting meetings.
Providing onboarding and training for program leaders to engage meaningfully with participant partners in various governance committees and workgroups.
Researching project management including coordination of multiple activities/projects requiring prioritization and implementation of strategic plans.
Designing protocols, meeting milestones, completing and submitting IRB applications with minimum oversight
Tracking and assessing program impact including development of online surveys and evaluation reports.
Writing literature reviews, abstracts and reports and assisting with writing manuscripts, presentations and grants.
Conducts needs assessment and analyzes available data to develop formalized health education programs
Track program participation by conducting interviews, gathering data and using an electronic database program
Creates, controls and ensures that health care information is distributed to staff education and outreach programs
Evaluates programs; performs research on relevant topics and develops and/or revises curriculum modules and/or presentation materials as appropriate
Coordinate health education programs and services with staff of other departments and organizations. Encourage joint programs
Write/design health education materials as needed
Track and produce an annual report showing impact of intervention program. Report tracking data to management, write reports and compose correspondence
Conduct surveys, make presentations and use media to promote health and health related services
Participates in the development, marketing and promotional goals and strategies of the program(s)
Coordinate the activities of consultants, agencies and other providers involved in specific programs
Participate in projects relating to health education
Conduct biometric testing on individuals (height, weight, blood pressure, body composition)
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5 years of relevant experience in public health, health promotion, health education, community engagement, or related field
· Proficient in MicroSoft office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ability to understand and communicate complex health information and data clearly to diverse audiences.
Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate schedules of participant representatives.
· Ability to write clear, concise reports for internal and external audiences.
· Strong research skills in quantitative and written data analysis, creating and designing research documents (data collection tools, protocols, etc.), data reporting (presentations and reports)
· Strong written and oral communication skills with emphasis on interpersonal skills.
· Conversant in Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) social media platforms (FB, IG, Twitter) and website maintenance (WordPress).
· Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage deadlines.
Independent self-starter with high level organizational skills
· Master's Degree
· Prior Research Experience
· Relatable to individuals from all walks of life, along with a strong sense of intuition
· Professional experience with social media platforms (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instragram)
· Previous administrative/financial experience
· Experience in REDCAP
· Position is a standard Mon-Fri role with regular business hours, but you must be flexible for some travel and weekend work.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.