This position is part of the Institute for Medicine and Public Health administrative team, which provides support to multiple academic departments, centers and institutes. Our administrative team is part of an innovative plan to effectively provide outstanding support to our faculty and the institution. We have an opening for a dynamic Budget/Accounting Analyst with strong accounting expertise to provide support to multiple business units related to budget, finance, grants and payroll administration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for researching, analyzing, preparing, and reconciling data for restricted and unrestricted budgets in compliance with sponsor, University, and federal guidelines and deadlines
· Partners with department leadership to resolve budgetary issues
· Creates unique and often complex reports; makes projections and recommendations using historical data and applicable guidelines
· Serves as a resource on matters related to budgets and financial reports
· Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for various business units
· Serves as a resource for staff and faculty in facilitating various requisitions
· Responsible for entering encumbrances into tracking system and reconciling with actual expenditures
· Facilitates approvals for financial transactions
· Maintains files for requisitions, general ledger reports and other various financial and grant documentation
· Prepares journal entries for approval
· Prepares center request forms and other general ledger maintenance requirements
· Prepares various payroll forms for approval and helps maintain confidential documentation
· Assists in tracking department resources and facilities
· Supports department leadership with special projects as needed
· Other responsibilities as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 36 months of relevant experience.
Preferred experience and skills:
· Strong experience with accounting and financial responsibilities
· Knowledge of spreadsheets and database applications
· Familiarity with post and pre-award administration
· Professional work style with high level of problem solving skills
· Additionally, successful candidates will possess and demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while remaining helpful and courteous, be extremely organized, efficient, team player and self-starter.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.