Provides the management of day-to-day clinical operations of the After-Hours Nurse Phone Line Call Center. Provides direction to clinical staff and will work independently and often without direct supervision.
1. Oversees/Manages the daily clinical operations for the After-Hours Nurse Phone Line Call Center. Accountable for monitoring clinical practice, expense control, JCAHO readiness and facilities professional appearance. Supports Customer Service standards of excellence, resolves customer issues and concerns with support from supervisor.
2. Responsible for all personnel activities for clinical staff:
a) Performs coaching/counseling and performance evaluations with input from leadership.
b) Approves and monitors the use of overtime.
c) Administers Policy/procedure -- ensure all manuals are up to date.
d) Coordinates and promotes staff development, quality services and mandatory in-services.
e) Provides input on staffing needs.
3. Prepares and implements budget and is involved in development of strategic plan for After-Hours Call Center. Compiles data and generates and maintains required records, reports and statistics as directed. Performs basic audits and reports results to supervisor.
4. Responsible for compliance with JCAHO standards and all other regulatory agency requirements including CLIA, TDH, OSHA, etc.
5. Serves as educator, trainer, mentor and supervisor for clinical staff.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum requirement is an Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
CPR Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
3 or more years of experience in a medical setting with some supervisory experience is required.
Must have a working knowledge of an electronic health record system; EPIC is preferred.
Must have experience with database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Candidates will possess good analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills and must have strong organizational and communication skills.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.