BUSINESS MANAGER III – POST GRADUATE EDUCATION Job Number: 00121818
Job Posting : Jun 13, 2018, 8:42:59 PM Closing Date : Jun 28, 2018, 4:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Business Manager III will assist the Chair of the Division of Post Graduate Medicine and provide administrative oversight for the division including residency training functions, operations, and programs. The Business Manager III will coordinate workflow in support of post graduate medical education accreditation and regulatory compliance.
· Directly supervise other support staff members and takes corrective action to train and monitor staff as needed.
· Acts as a department liaison during employee disciplinary hearings, reprimands and union grievance processes
· Maintains department/division position control data and employee files.
· Coordinates applicant interviews, initiates hiring, credentialing/re-credentialing and employment exit processes and monitors progress on an ongoing basis.
· Conducts division-level orientation and routine training.
· Develops procedures for tracking and ensures compliance with all CCHHS mandatory requirements for employed staff members and residents.
· Bachelor's degree in Management or Liberal Arts related field from an accredited college or university (official transcripts dues at time of interview)
· Five (5) years of experience in an administrative role in a hospital/healthcare setting with financial and budget preparation experience
· Three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
· Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Master's degree or post graduate work from an accredited college or university
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Thorough knowledge of medical administration office practices and demonstrated ability to keep accurate records and databases.
· Thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures employed by the division and training program.
· Demonstrate strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and negotiate complicated situations.
· Demonstrate analytical and organizational problem-solving, critical thinking, time management and conflict resolution skills.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.