Position Overview: Manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance improvement (PI) programs are developed and managed using a data driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives. Assures that organization-wide PI initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness; participates in organizational strategic planning and provides leadership for PI policy development; provides leadership and coordination for improving the organization's core functions and evaluating the impact that systems improvements have on the organization; and researches and develops PI training programs that focus on enabling the labor force to achieve improvements.
1. Builds, directs, manages, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of the hospital's PI System in support of goals and objectives.
2. Implements a PI process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the hospital. Coordinates with hospital leadership to ensure alignment and optimal use of resources related to PI.
3. Researches and designs appropriate hospital-wide PI teams for all levels of management and employees.
4. Trains and certifies in-house PI trainers and provides training in Lean Six Sigma.
5. Increases the PI capacity of the organization in order to ensure that system goals are effectively and efficiently met. Increases the system's capacity to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's practices, partnerships, programs, use of resources, and the impact of the systems' PI program.
6. Establishes a continuous PI effort along with a monitoring and reporting system. Regularly reports the status of PI efforts and impacts.
7. Ensures needed data is collected on a timely basis, regular reports on progress are distributed, and recommendations are made for future improvements based on the data.
8. Other duties and projects as assigned.
9. Manages Performance Improvement Senior PI Engineer and PI Senior Analyst
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.