JOB SUMMARY Administers and directs programs to maintain properties, buildings and equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers, supervisors and support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates performance of department personnel.
• Develops department goals.
• Analyzes facilities related systems including but not limited to electrical, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, structural and other related components.
• Inspects plant and evaluates use of space and facilities. Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities related modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction, services and acquisitions.
• Performs audits to support facility planning. Develops budget, long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for assigned facilities.
• Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
• Acts as liaison to regulatory bodies having jurisdiction, public utility, environmental, and energy agencies.
• Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
• Reviews facilities and real estate documents for compliance with regulatory requirements, life safety aspects and suitability for occupancy.
• Oversees the coordination of building space allocation, layout, and related services.
• Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and workers engaged in equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
• Directs other department’s services as assigned per facility including but not limited to Safety, Security, Disaster Preparedness, Risk Management and Biomedical Services. Serves on various committees.
• Performs other duties assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; five to seven years of management experience in facilities and engineering services in a hospital.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Passing the Driver’s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring) Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or Illinois Health Care Workers Background Check Must be able to follow written/oral instructions.
WORK CONTACT GROUP Partners, physicians, patients/family, visitors, vendors
LEVEL OF SUPV/SUPERVISES Directs managers, supervisors and employees in the Maintenance department and other departments as assigned including but not limited to Bio-Medical Services, Safety, Security, Risk Management and Disaster Preparedness. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees as assigned. Carries out directorship responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Internal Number: 11247
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 700 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.