1. Maintains and respects confidentiality of information to include but not limited to patient records, charts,
hospital documents and employee information.
2. Always uses discretion when information is considered confidential.
3. Maintains privacy of personal pass code at all times
Demonstrates a solid knowledge of the registration process
4. Obtains all accurate demographic and financial information.
5. Completes any and all registrations when all required documentation is supplied.
6. Corrects selection of insurance coding and insurance descriptions using tools such as the Rolodex in SMS,
Matrixes for contracted medical groups and the Internet.
7. Completes all Status Transfers when supplied the necessary documentation.
8Â Â Ensures correct room placement for patients.
9. Enters in all necessary documentation into Financial Comments.
10. Ensures that the Advisory Notice is deleted upon the completion of the documented task.
11. Supplies, obtains, and completes all the necessary forms that are required on every patient and procedure
including obtaining all required signatures and appropriate witnessing those signatures.
12. Generates an armband and uses the two patient identifiers prior to placing the armband on the patient.
13. Ensures that all necessary outpatient paperwork is distributed to the necessary departments.
14. Ensures that the appropriate documents for inpatients are placed in the patientâ€™s chart and/or the PAS Admit
Paperwork Sign-Off Sheet was completed and signed by the accepting clinical staff member.
15. Adheres to all other duties as assigned by Patient Access Manager and/or Director.