LOcation: THE PROFESSIONAL BUILDING (1950 W. POLK ST CHICAGO IL 60612)
Assist dentist and/or dental hygienist in examination and treatment of patients. Perform a variety of chair-side and clinical support functions. Prepare treatment operatory, position instruments and equipment. Monitor patient comfort. Assist in maintaining treatment records and maintaining operatory equipment and instruments. Responsible for the sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
· High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
· Completed an accredited dental assisting program by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association and one (1) year of clinical dental assisting experience in a dental clinic or hospital setting --OR-- three (3) years of clinical dental assisting experience in a dental clinic or hospital setting
· Certification in coronal polishing and dental sealant
· Certified by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Knowledge of standard dental procedures, terms, instruments, supplies, and equipment; of sterilization and sterile equipment; of processing and developing of x-ray film; of oral anatomy; of standards of oral hygiene; digital radiography; electronic health records and of clerical procedures.
· Knowledge of methods and procedures used in preventing dental disease; of methods and necessity for cleanliness of a dental operatory; of Illinois dental laws and regulations; and of instructional techniques.
· Advanced knowledge of methods and procedures used in preventing dental disease; of current literature in the area; of education theory and techniques in the field of public health; and of public presentation techniques.
· Ability is required to explain simple dental hygiene techniques.
· Ability is required to arrange and operate visual aids.
· Ability is required to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to plan, and coordinate the activities of others; and to train and instruct patient groups
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County. CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.