Responsible for the driving ofÂ Mobile Medical Unit (RV) and/or other assigned company vehicle in a responsible manner.Â May assist with basic patient care needs and will follow directions from Nurse Practioner, Director of Out-Patient Clinics and/or Physician. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and other staff.Â Â
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides driving services to different addresses and through different routes in a safe and reliable manner. Follows DOT regulations and safety standards.
2. Follows route and time schedule as assigned. Must be willing to work shifts that require an adjusted schedule during emergency management assignments.
3. Loads, unloads, prepares, inspects and operates assigned vehicle. Performs daily maintenance of Mobile Medical Unit, including discharge of waste system, replenishment of supplies and refilling of hygienic water containers. Cleans and disinfects the unit daily or as needed.
4. Completes logs and reports as needed. Schedules unit for preventative and maintenance in accordance with manufacturer and/or agency prescribed schedules.
5. Works effectively in a medicial support role to supervising medical professional, typically an NP.Â Performs all duties in accordance with appropriate safety standards. Reports all safety and maintenance concerns to supervisor immediately.