Cleans and services building areas; moves furniture, equipment and supplies; and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
A: Job Specific
· Selects cleaning materials/supplies and prepares cleaning solutions. Loads service cart and transports to work area.
· Cleans assigned areas (including, but not limited to, walls, doors, tile, fixtures, patient TVs and equipment) with germicidal cleaning solutions.
· Sweeps, mops floors and vacuums carpet. Spot cleans carpet using appropriate solutions.
· Cleans restrooms, vanity areas, showers and commodes, maintaining sanitary and odor free conditions. Replenishes essentials
· Collects and removes trash, sanitizes all garbage cans and compactor area.
· May collect and transport hazardous waste in a special closed container for sterilization before disposal.
· May collect soiled linen and distribute clean linen.
· Arranges furniture for meeting, workshops and community affairs.
· Returns unused supplies to janitor closet ensuring all times are replaced in an orderly manner.
B: Company Specific
· Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
· Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
· Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
· Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
· Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
· Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
· Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
· HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
· Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: None. Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
Job : Housekeeping/Environmental Services Primary Location : NV-Las Vegas-Kindred Spring Valley Organization : 0609 - Kindred Spring Valley Shift : Day