(Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience ; must receive certification during first year of employment)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates with the Supervisor Radiology and/or Manager Radiology to ensure that adequate resources are available to ensure exams are performed timely and meet department quality and safety standards. May assign personnel on a shift to specific jobs and adjust assignments as exam volume demands. Play a key pivotal direct clinical support role to a manager, supervisor or director.
Functions as a shift lead or key pivotal direct clinical support role for all levels of the CT Technologists.
Reviews radiology exam requests and patient identification to ensure safe, appropriate and cost effective imaging.
Applies broad range of skills to ensure advanced exams are completed timely and meets quality and compliance standards.
Coordinates with the Supervisor Radiology and Manager Radiology to ensure adequate staffing model is maintained for shift.
Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGY (ADVANCED): - Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in applying computerized tomography technology in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Consistently delivers computerized tomography technology services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Actively participates in outside professional organizations and forums. Contributes in the development of computerized tomography technology best practices for the organization.
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY KNOWLEDGE - (ADVANCED): - Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in applying anatomy and physiology knowledge in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Consistently delivers results in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Contributes in the development of best practices for the organization.
COMPLIANCE - (ADVANCED): - Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the incumbent's department and work areas. Analyzes the rules and regulations for situations that are unusual and knows the inter- relationship and implication of various rules and regulations in other areas of the department. Understands the flow of rules and regulations beyond the work area and can converse intelligently about alternatives and make recommendations for more effective rules and regulations to senior management. May represent the company at regional industry organizations meetings for discussing rules and regulations.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION - (ADVANCED): - Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in applying patient documentation in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Consistently delivers patient documentation services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting a standard for others. Actively participates in outside professional organizations and forums. Contributes in the development of patient documentation best practices for the organization.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT - (NOVICE): - Conducts performance reviews. Effectively delegates tasks to others. Coaches subordinates on technical and interpersonal topics, as well as professional development. Demonstrates team building techniques and provides leadership through personal example of good work habits, open communication and effective people relationships. Involves subordinates in decisions which affect them. Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness as an example to others.
Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and guides team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.