Responsibilities of this LVN role is to ensure efficient and consistent spirometry testing for all pediatric asthma patients. This nurse will assist providers in maintaining a well-controlled asthma diagnosis that allows the patient and their families to fully and safely participate in all activities of daily living, reduce the number of ER visits and hospital admissions. This nurse will float to all 4 pediatric locations to provide services to all pediatric providers.
Duties will include::
- Identify asthma patients and schedule appropriate testing.
- Perform Spirometry testing for Pediatric patients
- Complete basic vital signs for each visit.
- Provide ongoing education to patients and families.
- Identify patient goals to help achieve well-controlled asthma.
- Provide regular assessment of patient and family's knowledge of skills, meds and provider instructions.
- Assist with completion of asthma action plans for schools.
- Point of contact for patient calls with regards to asthma symptoms.
- Point of contact for external referrals and labs for asthma patients.
Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.