The Practice Management System & EMR Trainer is responsible for providing training to CHRISTUS Physician Group team members.
1. Deliver training to Clinician and Administrative staff members.
2. Creation of training materials and job aids.
3. Perform training needs assessment and determines scope of training to be delivered.
4. Participate in practice management system and EMR planning, testing, application support and design and build.
5. Generates reports to meet business and operational needs.
6. Serve as frontline support to address system functionality questions and issues.
7. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
8. Stays abreast of current healthcare trends and makes recommendations for technology and process improvements.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality.
10. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
11. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
12. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
13. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
14. Performs other related work as required.
Minimum five years of physician billing experience.
Candidate must possess the following:
Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Must understand the integration of applications and their impact on business processes and operations.
Training on an EMR or practice management system.
Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.