Princeton Sports and Family Medicine, P.C., (PSFM) a growing and busy Sports Medicine and Family Practice located in Lawrenceville N.J. is seeking qualified medical professionals to join our patient-oriented team of 5 providers. This is a well-established practice that provides exceptional care to patients.
PSFM is searching for a full-time, accredited musculoskeletal/sports medicine & primary care physician. This position will focus on diagnosing and treating patients in a kind, compassionate, care-centered, outpatient environment in a private practice setting. The candidate must have experience in non-operative musculoskeletal sports medicine, along with a very strong interest in Family Medicine and Primary Care. The position, also, includes the teaching of residents and medical students.
The physician will see between 18-20 patients per day, work approximately 5 days/week (40 hours), which may include working 1 evening (until 8 pm) per week, and 1 Saturday morning per month. It is anticipated the patient mix will start out as 2/3 Primary Care & 1/3 Sports Medicine, but will evolve into a primarily Sports Medicine practice, with some Primary Care. Call is shared equally between all physicians and would generally be 1 day per week and 1 weekend per month. Physician’s in office support team consists of experienced nursing staff, as well as a dedicated medical assistants / medical scribes.
The candidate must be eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey and have a New Jersey medical license prior to appointment start date. The candidate must be able to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment and adhere to policies and procedures. Demonstrated teaching experience in an academic clinical setting is preferred.
While maintaining a busy practice, PSFM also provides on-field coverage and pre-participation physicals for high schools, colleges and two professional teams in Central New Jersey. On field coverage of diverse sporting events is seasonal, but required.
· MD or DO degree
· Board certification or eligibility in a primary care field
· Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
· New Jersey Board of Medicine licensure (or eligibility)
· DEA registration; NJ CDS registration
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience and competence with the major physical and mental health issues of young adults to elderly patients (no pediatric primary care).
· Experience with the provision of sports medicine and primary health services to high school and university student-athletes, in coordination with team Athletic Trainers.
· Fellowship-trained candidates with on-field care, and experience with performing diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasounds and procedures under ultrasound guidance.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
Paid Time Off (PTO), including time for CME
Professional Meeting / CME expense allowance
Professional Liability Insurance fully paid by the practice
Medical License, DEA, CDS allowance
The practice does not offer a medical/dental plan at this time
Internal Number: PCSM 1 09012019
About Princeton Sports and Family Medicine, P.C.
Peter Wenger, MD
Richard Levandowski, MD
Richard Kim, MD