The Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and operations of Neonatal Program services for the facility. Ensures that the requirements for the Neonatal Designation are maintained for the facility and ensures completion of required actions. Provides leadership and consultative services for performance improvement activities of the neonatal program, and ensures compliance activities for all regulatory agencies for the designation program. Responsible for program assessment, planning, organizing, implementation, performance improvement, education, community outreach and education in neonatal care.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Coordinates and oversees the program in collaboration with the Neonatal Medical Director
2) Maintains responsibility for knowledge and skill of clincal requirements in nursing specialties
3) Provides accurate and timely data to the appropriate committees and identifies opportunities for improvement in conjunction with Performance Improvement
4) Collects data and oversees processes for data collection
5) Responsible for the initial and ongoing education of the hospital staff and development of contents in compliance with mandatory standards
6) Responsible to assure the facility performs concurrent rounding on the patients, medical record reviews and assures the integrity and maintenance of available neonatal registry databases, coordinates data collection processes, exhibits proficiency in data management, demonstrates knowledge of age specific processes of care, coordinates referrals when physician or departmental review is indicated, and assists with regulatory compliance.
7) Assures education of the staff and the community regarding initiatives and care of the neonatal patients.
8) Collaborate with the NMD in areas to include, but not limited to: developing and/or revising policies, procedures and guidelines; assuring staff competency, education, and training.
9) Develop collaborative relationships with other NPM(s) of designated facilities within the applicable Perinatal Care Region.