JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
(minimum 5 / maximum 12)
40% weight in overall rating
Accurately codes all inpatient and outpatient diagnoses and procedures according to ICD-10/
ICD-9-CM, CPT APC, enter IV, IM injections and Observation hours.
2. Codes all available records within three days post discharge.
3. Confers with or queries attending physicians to determine the principal diagnosis and appropriate sequencing of other diagnoses and procedures, as needed.
4. Participates in Business Office edits as needed and response in a timely manner.
5. Analyzes medical record data in the electronic health record to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes.
6. Abstracts patient-specific information necessary for completion of aggregate and comparative data.
7. Communicates inter-departmentally to solve problems and educate others relating to coding issues.
8. Attends all Quality Review exit conferences.
8. Reviews Coding Clinic upgrades and continuing education periodicals within seven days of receipt.
10. Attends workshops, seminars and teleconferences that pertain to position responsibilities.