The Director of Plant Operations/Housekeeping is responsible for all aspects of maintaining the physical plant of the hospital. This includes heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment (HVAC), electrical equipment, water supply, waste, plumbing, paint, wall and floor finishes, portable equipment, fire safety equipment and sanitation. Serves as the hospital Safety Officer and Security Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensures compliance for all EOC standards from Joint Commission and CMS.
2. Verifies integrity of all mechanical systems.
3. Schedules preventive maintenance programs for all hospital systems.
4. Communicates with Managing Director on regular basis regarding integrity of all systems, maintenance programs. Repair costs, and outside contractors.
5. Orders parts and materials as necessary, and follows hospital procedures for purchase orders approval.
6. Inspects interior and exterior of hospital on a regular preventive maintenance.
7. Moves equipment and furniture as directed and/or approved by Managing Director.
8. Serves as Safety Officer and Security Officer for the facility.
9. Serves as Chairperson of the Environment of Care Committee.
10. Completes evaluations for all seven elements of the Environment of Care.
11. Conducts Safety/Security Inservices.
12. Coordinates daily activities of the Plant Operations, Housekeeping and Dietary Departments.
13. Develops departmental policies and procedures and assures their observance.
14. Works with Director of Human Resources in hiring, orientation and evaluation of Plant Operations, Housekeeping and Dietary staff.
15. Addresses complaints, problems and incidents within the department or from other departments or patients according to hospital policies and procedures.
16. Attends Performance Improvement Committee Meetings and strives to improve department indicators.
17. Assists in completion of PPR process.
18. Cooperates with CFO and CEO to develop budget for Plant Operations and Housekeeping Departments, and monitors expenses/fte's for these departments.
19. Conducts staff meetings.
20. Accepts other duties and assignments as requested by the CEO.
21. Participates in continuing education activities.