Implements policies and procedures, along with standards of care and practice related to patient care needs involving various types of wounds. Provides direct patient care and assistance to staff nurses, and acts as consultative service regarding wound care to clinical staff. Performs wound care functions under the oversight of a Chief Clinical Officer.
· Provides care for patients whose primary needs involve wounds.
· Evaluates all wounds upon admission and ongoing to determine treatment plan and provide early problem identification.
· Reviews initial treatment plan with the supervising Registered Nurse.
· Reports to the supervising Registered Nurse any change of wound status.
· Consults with National Wound Care Consultant and Wound Care Coordinators.
· Assists in planning patient's care.
· Evaluates products and cost effectiveness for use in hospital makes recommendation.
· Reviews and participates in developing discharge plans.
· Educates staff on products available for use in hospital.
· Evaluates culture results and conferences with physicians on Plan of Care.
· Educates families on care of patient(s).
· Involved in marketing the wound care program through outcomes and relationships with physicians.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program leading to licensure as an LPN/LVN or RN.
Licenses/Certification: C urrent state LPN or RN license. BCLS certification.
Experience: Three (3) years nursing experience with experience as an acute care nurse.
Job : RN Primary Location : TX-Webster-Kindred Rehab Hospital-Clear Lake Organization : 4832 - Kindred Rehab Hospital-Clear Lake Shift : Day