1. Conduct job duties in accordance with TPR policies and procedures.
2. Perform trans-telephonic and remote home monitoring Device checks, then reschedule next encounter (remote or in-office).
3. Distribute and retrieve reports to & from the CVA Physicians for review.
4. Perform electronic bill submissions for all Heart Lab services each day.
5. Maintain patient files and update device repository computer data.
6. Prepare the CVA Device Clinic each day, prior to opening, by having all exam rooms clean, inventory stocked, charts available & updated with current plan, routing slips filled out when to schedule the next Pacemaker Lab encounter.
7. Escort patients to & from the CVA Device Labs to the CVA Physiciansâ clinics, as well as providing the MD with the report findings of Device check.
8. Prepare patients for in-office Device interrogation & testing by properly situating patient & hooking-up to appropriate programmer, answering all patient questions as needed.
9. Perform patient teaching regarding proper use of their remote home monitoring systems, answering all questions from patient and family member.
10. Monitor remote home monitoring websites for incoming transmissions throughout the day, printing for distribution to Pacemaker RN for review.
11. Perform patient call backs to messages placed in the EMR Task basket regarding questions about their pacemaker, ICDâs, ILRâs and remote transmissions.
12. Pick up messages left on Heart Lab telephone voicemail and return these patient-related calls.
13. Perform computer data entry of newly implanted devices and generator changes as well as making sure all patients have a return clinic visit scheduled.
14. Monitor all Heart Lab inventory, submitting supply requisition requests to Heart Lab Clerical Coordinator as needed.
15. Assist with other Heart Lab duties as necessary, i.e., answering telephone calls, filing and preparation of monthly departmental statistics.
16. Maintain patient confidentiality.
17. Perform work-related duties as directed.
18. Adhere to compliance policies and procedures. Report any incident that appears to be unusual/deficient to department supervisor/manager or the compliance department.
Education: HS Diploma/GED and completion of Monitor tech or Medical assistant program.
Certification: Current CPR certification.
-Proficient with EMR systems, Data Repositories and computer skills on an intermediate level.
-One to two yearsâ cardiology clinic experience preferred.
-One year experience as a monitoring technician with arrhythmia training preferred.
Basic knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
Understanding proper operation of Cardiac devices and equipment.
Knowledge of using medical equipment including stethoscope, scales, and blood pressure cuff, etc.
Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems.
Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
Skill in multi-tasking.
Skill in customer service.
Skill in computer hardware and software use.
Skill in verbal and written communication.
Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party venders, patients, and the public.
Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
Displays the ability to triage phone calls
Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Primary Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Facility: Cardiovascular Associates of the SE (CVASE)
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâs or employeeâs race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.