Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as support staff for the technical staff, patients, and visitors. Will be required to work at different sites and shifts if deemed necessary. Reports directly to the Office Coordinator. Maintains films and files according to patient activity and treatment dates. Performs a variety of clerical and reception duties for patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets visitors and patients coming in for exams. Reviews patientâ��s demographics noting any changes and faxing to Registration for correction. Reviews all orders for compliance and enters patient exams into the Meditech computer system. Determines further clerical needs, i.e., conversion needs, changing physicians on future appointments. Signs and dates paperwork and scans all documents into the patientâ��s medical record. Answers and directs all incoming calls. Performs all steps for opening and closing the front desk as related to the shift.
2. Performs the film librarian duties, maintaining and updating all color coding that is necessary for a file. Determines activity of the file and its necessary location. Logs all films coming into or leaving the department. Retrieves films whenever needed, filing films when complete. Acts as liaison contact with Iron Mountain for retrieval of off-site files. Handles physician and patient requests for CDâ��s, films and reports. Acts as liaison between physicians and patients, providing customer service at all times.
3. Is responsible for distributing the physician copies either by mail, inter-office, or by using the physicians assigned box in the doctors lounge. Monitors, prints and re-faxes reports that failed using the auto-fax system.
4. Prints and researches lists for patients that have been centrally scheduled. Pulls films that will be needed for each patient , utilizing the cross campus ability to ensure all films are available during the actual test.
5. Responsible for burning CDâ��s, importing outside CDâ��s, scanning outside reports, and performing general maintenance.
6. Maintains organization in the reading room and removes films that are complete.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 1 Year
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.