Your Role : Supervises Perioperative Services and the Vanderbilt enterprise by the accurate assembly of instrument trays and/or equipment; use of the instrument tracking system and by maintaining adequate sterilization of instruments and/or equipment by preparation of requested instrumentation and/or equipment for surgical procedures. Provides supervision to staff to ensure departmental guidelines are followed and assigned task are timely and accurately completed.
Supervises the central sterile processing and endoscopy tech specialist staff to ensure department and hospital guidelines are adhered and followed.
Conducts verbal and written performance conversations with staff following departmental and intuitional policies.
Ensures implementation of standards within the quality assurance monitoring process and improvements are followed.
Oversees ordering of departmental supplies, instrumentation and equipment needs.
Coordinates shift schedules, performs electronic timekeeping and assigns job responsibilities based on departmental staffing needs.
Monitors staff orientation and training instructions for new personnel.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SURGICAL EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of the equipment and related devices. Has solid knowledge of performance criteria. Able to use the equipment to accomplish advanced tasks associated with the specific devices. Easily resolves equipment problems.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT - (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of Inventory Management skills in practical applications of a difficult nature. Successfully uses Inventory Management tools and products to manage inventory. Has substantial experience working in depots, warehouses or other large repositories of materials where managing inventory is business-critical. Has expertise in ABC analysis, lot tracking, and cycle counting. Contributes to the design and implementation of new tracking infrastructure technologies. Helps design electronic catalogs.
COMPLIANCE - (ADVANCED): - Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the incumbent's department and work areas. Analyzes the rules and regulations for situations that are unusual and knows the inter- relationship and implication of various rules and regulations in other areas of the department. Understands the flow of rules and regulations beyond the work area and can converse intelligently about alternatives and make recommendations for more effective rules and regulations to senior management. May represent the company at regional industry organizations meetings for discussing rules and regulations.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Has delivered a program in its entirety. Managed the delivery of a program by a team of instructors, assuring attention to detail. Demonstrated the ability to deal with adversity and disruption during delivery. Established class leadership and credibility. Demonstrated the ability to give clear, concise instructions in support of participant activities.
Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically, without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M1):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M1):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
High school graduate or GED and 4 year of experience or the equivalent.
Certified (CRCST or CBSPD)
2 years of general supervisory experience preferred
Experience working in a large hospital with 500+ beds preferred
Previous Leadership experience
Post education preferred
2nd shift - Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:30pm
We are dedicated to our patients and surgeons by providing quality care with attention to reusable instrumentation. Our commitment is "Every Patient, Every Time
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.